According to the National Retailer Federation (NRF), an average consumer will spend more than $800 on gifts and holiday merchandise this season. The NRF also estimates that retailers will hire between 700,000 and 750,000 new holiday positions to cover the busy shopping season. But the retail industry is not the only industry that sees an increase in activity this time of year. Product needs to be produced, items need to be shipped and delivered, restaurants and grocery stores see an increase in sales and the demand for personal services (hair salons, spas, etc.) also increases.
This increased activity means that you have an opportunity to make a little extra money this holiday season, and perhaps try something new. Here are five reasons to pursue a holiday position this year:
- Earn more than you’ll spend! Wouldn’t it be great to not incur debt this holiday season?
- Discounts! Many retailers offer product discounts to their employees.
- Learn something new! Many companies are willing to train seasonal help and it’s a great opportunity to learn something new.
- Get your foot in the door! Have you always wanted to work for a specific company? See if they are hiring seasonal help and apply. Companies often offer longer term positions to people that do a great job during their seasonal roles.
- Enjoy the flexibility! If you’re looking for some extra money and want a short-term, flexible job, seasonal positions often fit the bill.
Nissen Staffing Continuum can help you find seasonal work or a short term, flexible temporary job. An awarding-winning job placement expert in Southeastern Wisconsin, Nissen Staffing Continuum, can assist you in your job search in southeastern Wisconsin. As your strategic partner, we’ll help you take your job search to the next level. For more information about how you can find a new career, contact us today and allow us to help you focus on success!